Log into the client machine with an Administrative account.
Verify the Topaz Signature Pad is unplugged.
Download the latest driver: http://www.topazsystems.com/software/sigplusbsb.exe.
Run the installer.
Button Selection: Next > Next > Next > T-L462 or T-LBK462 > OK > (make sure the signature pad is unplugged) Agree. Install the additional driver if prompted. Connect the signature pad when prompted.
At this point the New Hardware Wizard might ask if it can install the drivers. Select all the defaults and Windows will find the drivers that are needed. It might go through the process twice; select defaults for both.
Use the default button options to finish out the install.
Download the latest plugin for Office & Acrobat: http://www.topazsystems.com/plugins.html.
Install the Office Plug-in: Select all versions of Word and Excel and complete the installer with the remaining default settings.
Install the Acrobat Plug-in with the default settings.
- Open the testing application. C:\Windows\SigPlus\DemoOCX.exe
- Click the “Properties” button.
- Select the “Tablet” tab.
- Set the “Com Port” value to “9”.
- Press “OK” to close the SigPlus Control Properties window.
- Press the “Start” Button.
- Write on the Signature Pad. The result should show up on the Signature Pad and on the Computer Screen, in the white area of the testing application.
- Have the Client pull up a document from EMR or a blank Word Doc if testing locally.
- Click the “Add-Ins” Tab in Word.
- Click the Pencil icon in the top left.
- Have them write on the Signature Pad. The signature should show up on the monitor & on the Signature Pad.
- When done, they need to click the Check Mark icon to validate the signature.
- Open up the document that was signed, and click the “validate” check mark to verify the signature is actually there.
- Once you have signed, do not make any additional clicks with the mouse or keyboard until you have clicked the green validate check mark. This will legally void the signature and it will not show up when you go back to verify that it saved to the document.
- The signatures will not show up when you pull the document back up until you click the green validate check mark again. This is due to the word document being launch from another application other than the word executable itself. Topaz stores the signature information in the Word STARTUP folder. The STARTUP folder is not utilized since you are launching Word from EMR, this is why the signature is not visible until you click the green validation check mark.
- Open Internet Explorer and go to https://hosting.kalleo.net/rdweb
- It will ask you for your login credentials. If you are a new user select “Click here” to reset your password. Enter your username and submit the default password and then select what you want the new password to be.
- Select Signature Pad Test.
- Once the RemoteApp opens click Connect, and then select Yes to continue, despite the certificate errors.
- Click Start to capture the signature as it is being written onto the pad.
- Confirm that both the signature is showing in the textbox on the monitor and on the pad itself.
- Sometimes the signature doesn’t save. This normally means they did not hit the Check Mark icon when they were done.
- Sometimes the signature will show up on the monitor, but not the Signature Pad. See the “Troubleshooting” section below.
- Sometimes the signature will show up on the Signature Pad, but not the monitor. See the “Troubleshooting” section below.
- The most common issue is when users are unable to sign the document. See the “Troubleshooting” section below.
Check the following:
- The Topaz Software is already installed on the client PC.
- The device is connected via USB.
- The Signature Pad shows up in the Device Manager, of the local computer, under “Ports (COM & LPT)”. It should show up as “USB Serial Port”.
- It is on COM9.
- It is the ONLY thing set to COM9.
- Change COM Ports by going to the device Properties -> “Port Settings” tab -> Advanced -> Change the drop down for “COM Port Number”.
- If you have to make changes, reboot the local PC.
- Make sure settings were retained after the reboot.
If the above is true:
- Reboot the local PC.
- Make sure the COM Ports are still setup correctly.
- Test the Signature Pad on the Local PC: C:\Windows\
- If it works locally, have the user connect back to EMR & test.
- If it doesn’t work, make sure all users aren’t having the issue.
- If all users are having the issue, please contact Kalleo Technologies at (270)908-4136 opt 2.